Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Out Hud "S.T.R.E.E.T. D.A.D." (2002)

This came my way from Mr W---, as part of his occasional clear-outs of CDs. I do not know anything more about it, except that it seems to be from 2002 or thereabouts. It is a piece of electronic music, vaguely dance music oriented. And the music is not very interesting. It is not the kind of thing that would have anyone saying "turn off that shite!" if it came on, but it is hard to imagine a situation where anyone would say "You know what I would like to listen to now? That's right - S.T.R.E.E.T. D.A.D. by Out Hud". I strongly suspect that by the time you read this Oxfam will be trying to get 50c for my copy of this (and that it will have been deleted from my iTunes).

I hate posting uncomplimentary reviews. I have never made a record myself, but I can imagine all the work that goes into making one, even one I do not like. Out Hud, if you find yourself reading this, I am sorry that I did not like your record.

image source

No comments: