Monday, December 29, 2008

Sonic Youth "Sister"

I bought so I can put it on my iTunes and, one day, make my killer introduction to the Youth compilation. I already have it on vinyl, so I may send this off to Oxfam shortly.

Sister is one the band's three big 1980s albums. If you are new to the band, it is probably as good a place to start as any, mixing together their squalling guitar noise, rampant experimentalism, pop sensibilities, and moments of almost blessed out beauty (not always on the same song). It has some total classic tunes - 'Catholic Block', 'Kotton Krown', 'Hotwire My Heart', etc. You love it.

image source

2 comments:

ian said...

I think it was new. Or maybe I got it in Oxfam. Memory is not what it was.

Andrew Sherman said...

I love it. But I only have a vinyl copy in a box