Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Furry Glen

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading Furry Folk, but if you are you may have noticed references to the Furry Glen. I can assure you that this is an actual place, in Dublin's Phoenix Park. I went there and took some pictures to research my novel.
Here's the road in the park that leads to the Glen.

And here is the path that leads into the Glen itself.

This was taken deep in the Glen.

Trees.

I was there in the afternoon, so there were no shady customers in furry suits hanging around making lewd suggestions to me.


Other research reveals that there is mysterious nightclub in Dublin called the Furry Glen. Details are sketchy, but it seems to be popular with bears.

1 comment:

William Whyte said...

Dizzy loved the Furry Glen when we lived in Dublin. Good squirrel density and loads of hills to run up.