Sunday, November 09, 2008

Boring NaNoWriMo update #4

Hello readers. I expect you are wondering how I am getting on with the novel I am writing. Sadly, I am still on 8,016 words, as the last couple of days I have had to write about music and stuff for Frank's APA. Having said that, I have written just over 7,000 words for Frank's, so maybe I could just paste them into the novel and bring myself up to 15,000 words. I'm not sure how I could work this so that it would not look too obviously like padding. Maybe I could do it like in 1984, and the main character could find a copy of Frank's APA lying around, pick it up, and decide to read my zine. In fact, given that I am writing a detective novel, maybe he could somehow be led to think that the zine might contain important clues for the case he is investigating, so the rest of the novel could be an in-depth analysis of my thoughts on Luke Haines, Nazi Jazz, Nurse With Wound, and other favourites.

Or maybe not.

One big problem with taking any kind of break from NaNoWriMo is that it is very hard to get back into it, and you find yourself wondering if what you have done so far is so rubbish that there is no point bothering with any more. Well, that's what I find anyway. Ultimately you have to wonder, does the world need any more novels about people who dress up in furry animal suits?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"does the world need any more novels about people who dress up in furry animal suits?"

The answer is clearly YES. Get writing!