Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Broadcast "Mother is the Milky Way"

This was an e.p. sold at concerts on one of Broadcast's last tours. But fret not, gentle reader – I have not turned into one of those people who pays loads of money for rare records, as I just downloaded it from the internet. It is basically the same kind of stuff as the Broadcast / Focus Group record… in fact this might even be a collaboration with the Focus Group. But one thing that is very striking about this to me is the extensive use of sampled birdsong, to such an extent that listening to this while walking around I am never sure which is the recording and which is ambient noise. I must burn a copy to disc so that I can listen to it on my proper stereo at home. Maybe loads of little song birds will come along to listen to their friends on the record.

An inuit panda production

No comments: