Thursday, March 17, 2011

Belle & Sebastian "Write About Love"

Also purchased at Bowlie 2 for old time's sake, this is the most recent album by Belle & Sebastian. I had pretty low expectations of this, partly following on from the complete irredeemable rubbishness of their last album and partly thanks to the scathing review of one of my pals in Frank's APA. However, it turns out to be kind of alright. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that it is an astonishing return to form or anything, just that I do not feel like throwing the CD case across the room when it comes on. There are even some songs I have become fond of in their own right, notably the title track. With that one I just like the interplay between Stuart Murdoch and guest vocalist Carey Mulligan. But I cannot really recommend this album to anyone but the most hardened completist.

An inuit panda production

No comments: