Tuesday, April 26, 2011

If you had a pint of Harp…

Here is a link to a compilation of Irish music and stuff from the 1970s and 1980s: Níl Sé Anseo* – a combination of commercially released music, TV themes and ads, snippets of dialogue from ads and TV programmes, and so on. If you are Irish and roughly my age, listen to it and feel the nostalgia. If you are young or foreign then this is a fascinating vision into a strangely different time and place.

I particularly recommend this to anyone thinking of going on holidays, as it features a priest talking about how important it is to bring the Ten Commandments with you on holiday.

And no, I did not compile this myself (and I am not just saying that to scare off the copyright facists), but I think it deserves a wider audience.

*I can advise non Galtee readers that this means "He is not here".

An inuit panda production

No comments: