Thursday, March 25, 2010

Other travel related news

My beloved and I are going to Cuba over Easter! Cha cha cha! We are going independently rather than taking a package, so we look forward to lots of trouble about finding accommodation and finding out how to get from town A to town B in time to get our flight back home. I am in some ways expecting this holiday to be a bit of a trial, but it is imperative that we visit Cuba before it is flooded by US fratboys. At the moment our planned itinerary is something like Havana, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Sancti Spiritus, Santa Clara, Havana again, ViƱales, Havana, and home. But all this might change..

Anyway, I am getting all fired up about Cuba's ever-welcoming Jinitero community. I will be very disappointed if they do not actually begin every sentence with "hey blondie!"

more Cuban poster action

An inuit panda production

2 comments:

String Bean Jen said...

So when do U.S. fratboys get to start invading Cuba?

ian said...

It would not surprise me if the travel ban was rescinded at some point in Obama's rule. To be honest, nothing would be more likely to force a transition in Cuba.