Sunday, March 09, 2008

Nightmare Before Christmas 2007, Sunday: Black Mountain

(Pavillion (sic) Stage)

We stayed in the chalet for a while, drinking port and eating cheese, lazily putting off returnding to the venues. As a result, I only caught the last minute or two of Black Mountain, but it was enough to make me wish I had seen more. Black Mountain's music has an endearingly epic quality that makes them a perfect festival band.

They are actually playing Dublin in the near future, but there are those who suggest that they are such a festival band that they should not be seen in any other context.

image source

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This panda pose is how I feel much of the time. Hmph.

I'm sure Jamie (robot hero) could convince you otherwise to see Black Mountain at a non-festival gig.

Andrew Sherman said...

Have just bought their new CD which I like