Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Riot of Pandas

Pandas are famously not that interested in mating and reproduction. Each gender only gets to hankering for a couple of days a year. Even showing Pandas videos of other Pandas getting it on seems not to arouse their interest in things carnal.

However, somehow or other the Pandas of Wolong Nature Reserve have managed to produce eighteen cubs, who have recently been given names now that they have passed the seven month mark. For more pictures, click here: In pictures: Panda cub playground

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why can't everything be or include baby pandas?!

janie said...

Yeah, we have a visual.
Fluffy panda bears, my favourite.
I think thats a very good question, string bean jen, one that bears thinking about:)
Ian, I've tagged you, hope you don't mind but it's rather an interesting idea.
check it out and see what you think

ian said...

Jen - I think you might have something.

Janie - I'll see what I can do with the tag thing. I have thus far managed to resist the lure of blog memes.