Wednesday, August 09, 2006

There is no thirteenth floor

Dude. Those Lazybird people are bringing The Telescopes to Dublin. As a man of the cloth, I have shunned the sabbath defiling events hosted by Lazybird, but maybe this time I will make an exception. The last time I saw The Telescopes was in the Camden Falcon, around 18 years ago. Sweat ran from the walls and we met a jolly American fellow called Daniel Touché. Given that the International Bar's upstairs venue is only marginally bigger we might be in for a re-run of those exciting events.

I understand that there are those who say that The Telescopes have gone all tuneless and avant garde, but the internet's own Masonic Boom suggests that they actually rock like motherfuckers (or are very good in some other way). Or maybe tuneless and avant garde is good. Anyway, whatever it is, I want it.

No comments: