Thursday, December 24, 2009

"Inglorious Basterds"

Another film with Michael Fassbender. I noticed a lot of people taking against this, often people who have not seen it. I loved it, it manages to combine great war stuff, comedy, and the excruciatingly drawn-out tension at which Tarantino excels. Some great performances too, with Brad Pitt doing his comic genius turn and that Austrian guy giving us a wonderful new iteration of the creepy Nazi guy. As a less cartoony character, the actor playing the Jewish woman who owned the cinema was also very affecting.

I am not really doing justice to how totally amazing this film is.

1 comment:

Blaithin said...

I'm there with you. Best film of the year. Here was my initial reaction to it

http://www.kenwriting.com/2009/08/inglourious-basterds-reviou.html?showComment=1251416510728#c47329278241456590