Saturday, May 06, 2006

Cargo Culte

So last night I went to see CIRCLE play in a gig put on by those delightful Skinny Wolves people. Also on the bill were local improv loons United Bible Studies and Nornie metallers Slomatic.

There were so many scenesters there that we started playing Dublin Scenester Bingo. The guy from Female Hercules' arrival allowed me to cross my card's last box, somewhat interrupting proceedings as I jumped up to shout "HOUSE!". I do wonder, however, if there are people for whom I count as a Dublin scenester. Surely not.

Anyway, CIRCLE rocked. If you are a member of Frank's APA then you will have an opportunity to read about the gig in the near future. Otherwise I'm sure my thoughts will be recycled here at some stage in the future. And if you missed the gig and would like to see CIRCLE, then they are playing on Sunday (the 7th) in Lazybird. I won't be there - I fear I will be too busy ruminating on Honduras and its quest for equitable insertion into the world economy.

No comments: