Saturday, February 06, 2010

Nightmare 2009: Last Night A DJ Shagged My Wife

Dancing At The Disco
I did not engage too much with the DJs – being old, I had to do a lot of going to bed relatively early. Ian Svenonius played some crazy stuff, while Justin Spear played what I always think of as classic ATP disco stuff – tunes like The Slits' awesome version of 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine' and Kim Fowley's 'Bubblegum'. Deadly stuff. That was that, really, though I suppose I should mention the time we were walking past the dreadful Irish bar and heard some equally dreadful music emanating from it, like the kind of thing you would hear at some Irish wedding for munters. It turned out, of course, to be legendary Irish music industry figure B.P. Fallon himself on the decks. I feel a bit mean accusing him of playing rubbish music, but I did not like it.
Death Disco

No comments: