Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Thee Headcoatees "Bozstik Haze"

As you know, Thee Headcoats were a garage punk influenced band formed by Billy Childish. Thee Headcoatees were this all-women band he conjured into being to cover Headcoats songs, in the process unleashing the musical career of Miss Holly Golightly. Famously, Thee Headcoatees records outsold those of the band whose tunes they were covering, or so people say. This is a reissue of one of those albums, containing loads of rough tunes like Mama used to make (if she was a bit of a bad girl skank). It's a pity there aren't more clubs in the world playing this kind of music, or that when these clubs exist in my town I don't turn out to be too *tired* to go to them.

2 comments:

Andrew Farrell said...

Ahh, actually I wasn't aware of that before at all, I think I thought I just hadn't been paying attention. Needless to say I have not heard any of either band's ourve.

ian said...

what were you unaware of? Miss Holly Golightly and Thee Headcoatees? Or my tendency to be *tired*?