Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Another Unachievable Goal?

I was going to sign up for NaNoWriMo, this thing where you have to write a novel of something like 50,000 words in a month, that month being November. Piece of piss, I thought. All I would need to do is write 1,000 words every week day, and 3,000 words each day of the weekend (I may not have the sums right here, but you get the idea). No problem.

With the start of November only a few days a way, I am getting a bit more wary of this. Maybe I should spend an evening sketching out some plot points first. Or not bother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I reckon you should do it. Remember, it's not actually supposed to be a good novel or anything.

Trish Byrne said...

It is heap o'fun, and if you've any kind of story in your head at all you'll easily get 10,000 words written in the first four or five days, and then you'll find you're way ahead of yourself.

I think when I did last time, I had an entire week in the middle of the month where I wrote hardly anything, but I still got finished.