Saturday, April 14, 2007

Things I did in Cork: bought records

I also bought some records. It seemed like a good idea to get a CD of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' first album, so I could put it on my iPod and listen to it when I am meant to be working. Deadly. More of a surprise, though, was the album by Simian. You may remember me mentioning these chaps previously, as they appear on the Pop!Justice album with Justice, doing the awesome 'WE! ARE! YOUR FRIENDS!' song. This album by Simian has the original version, 'Never Be Alone', from which that was remixed. And it is lamer indie rubbish. I am as disappointed by Simian as my old mate Andrew Blackmore was when, on the strength of 'Loaded', he bought the second Primal Scream album. This is one record that will not be troubling my iPod and may well find itself being given away by Oxfam in the near future. Simian are not my friends.

2 comments:

Ammonite said...

On a more or less unrelated note (although they do have a song about a monkey) the Goldie Lookin' Chain CD I got from Random Santa is hilarious. Brightened up many a dull day here in in wintry Canadia.

ian said...

Goldie Lookin' Chain are much better than Simian.