Thursday, February 22, 2007

Have you ever been to Drogheda?

I was at some events in the RTE Living Music malarky last weekend, of which more later. Now I am mad for the weirdo music, and was excited to be handed a flyer for some concerts of Terry Riley music up in Drogheda, as part of some arts festival. Terry Riley is one of those modernist composers about whom people go on, especially my homies in Frank's APA. He has this piece called "In C" which is meant to be very good, and up in Drogheda it will be performed by the Crash Ensemble, so I reckon I will go to visit. It's on over the May bank holiday weekend, so staying over is possible. On the day after I can check out the sights of Drogheda... eh, don't they have a shrivelled head there or something?

I am curious about this Drogheda Arts Festival... I wonder to what extent they will be importing both performers and audience.

3 comments:

Trish Byrne said...

Wait, don't I live near Drogheda? Maybe I could go too.

There are a couple of excellent pubs in the town, and you can always go to Newgrange, if you're a man who likes a managed tourism experience.

Trish Byrne said...

Ha ha, I can't. I will be at ATP that weekend.

ian said...

As outlined by you on the secret forum, this is not actually either of the ATP weekends.