Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Pinefox exercises his right to reply

You will recall my reporting of some opinions expressed by The Pinefox on some records I bought in London. Young Andrew was wondering whether The Pinefox was more horrified by Madonna or Sonic Youth, so I asked him about it. This is what he said:

"I do like 1980s Madonna - quite a bit! At her occasional best I think her terrific. But post-1980s Madonna is a different glass of babycham, to my ears; it doesn't do much for me.

"It's Sonic Youth I tend to have a problem with.

"I am not shocked or appalled by Mudhoney, though I would be a bit sceptical. I have hardly ever heard them. I suppose I would imagine they might be like, say, a less melodic Nirvana, which doesn't sound a great idea to me. But that is only an inexpensively educated guess.

"As you justly point out, I strongly approved of the Clangers. I like the way your web site tells the story background."

So now you know.

No comments: