Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The magic of live music: LOW in the Temple Bar Music Centre

You know what Low sound like, hein? If you don’t like them I’ll hardly persuade you. This gig rocked, anyway, with the ever-fascinating Mr & Mrs Low dynamics being a source of great amusement. As a visual presence, Mrs Low is incredible, like some uncool 1970s housewife who got rhythm (eh, this is a compliment). I hope she never cuts her hair. Mr Low remains an engaging fellow. They’ve had to change the other guy. He seems to do the job. It’s a shame they didn’t introduce him.

2 comments:

Big Boss said...

Arse, I meant to check a while ago when they would be here and now I've missed the gig. They were great in the Village a while back and then, later on that tour, Alan had a breakdown. It would be darkly interesting to see if they are somewhat quieter now.

Zak was the name of the third person, has he really left for good?

ian said...

Apparently at that gig in the Village it was obvious that Alan was about to pop, but I never notice these things (or just have eyes for the drummer). I think someone said to me that Zak had left for good, but I'm not sure how reliable my sources are.