Monday, April 17, 2006

Links Purge

Comrades, I am shortly going to be purging my list of links to other blogs. I will update it to include new addresses for blogs which have moved and maybe add in some more blogs that link to me (if they meet my exacting standards).

More importantly I will be purging the list of dud blogs, an elastic category which includes mainly blogs which haven't been updated in an age, but also false blogs which do not link to me (unless I wuv them despite everything).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's some tough criteria. I'm glad I made the shortlist. I, evidently, RoXoR.

ian said...

That's right Sharon.

Gordon's idea is a good one... if you have an unrequited link to me, post a comment here and I will link back. Unless your blog hasn't been updated in ages or is rubbish.

Queenie said...

I read a little bit of the Conor Kostick interview posted on the Epic blog by Andrew Sherman and he either quotes Jane Smiley without attribution or else he's having the same thoughts about fiction. Which is possible.

Everything's stranger than fiction these days.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind a link to see what she said. But I doubt I even unconsciously picked up on any formulations of hers. But perhaps it is not a surprise that short answers about fiction by authors can look quite similiar.
Conor

Anonymous said...

Well, I read the quotes on Queenies blog from Jane Smiley and they are very interesting. We both are saying that computer games will not replace the novel, but for very different reasons. In that excerpt, Jane Smiley is antagonistic to such games and sees them as a masculine activity, fearing that novels will be pushed into a gheto for women and children. This is quite a different approach to the subject than mine.
Conor