Saturday, March 25, 2006

Record: Steppenwolf "Born To Be Wild - the Best Of"

Zodiac Mindwarp’s awful cover of ‘Born To Be Wild’ got me thinking – why do I not own the original version of the song? I mean, surely it is one of the greatest tunes ever recorded, and it would be worth buying a Steppenwolf album just for it, and if any of the other songs proved to be even listenable that would a bonus. So I bought this record. Marxist Science reveals that ‘Born To Be Wild’ is indeed one of the greatest tunes ever recorded, and we have had loads of fun in the Vicarage jumping around and playing air guitar to it. None of the other songs are remotely as good, but that’s not to say they are rubbish – this is not an album I take off when the first track ends. ‘The Pusher’ is particular pleasant in its strung-outedness.

No comments: