Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Spirit of Darkness

The BBC are having a competition to find the greatest public information film ever made.

My money is on the one about water safety, where a sinister cowled figure tries to lure children into dangerous pools of stagnant water. I still have nightmares about him.

Think Bike is pretty good too. I tried to explain its magic to my beloved, but she grew up in Patriotic TV Land, so her idea of a good public information film is that "oh my achin' back" one or that one about how if you go deaf your life is over.

1 comment:

ian said...

Mmmm, good question. Basically, one of the blogs is for really boring stuff that I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to read. Which is which, you may wonder. The boring one is also meant to be centred on long posts sent to a semi-academic mailing list.